JJ

JJ

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Heroine of the Mythical World: Clary Fray

In the book, City of Ashes By Cassandra Clare, the main character, Clary Fray, has a new life. Ever since she started seeing these Downworlder creatures, like werewolves, vampires and fairies, her life has gone from normal to supernatural. Finding out that her own mother knew of this world was no meadow of roses, but not only was her mom in a coma, but the boy shes kisses ends up being her long-lost brother and the father she was told once died is alive and is also the most hated person in their world, but this doesn't keep Clary down, this makes her stronger. Clary is one of the reasons why I try to be the best I can be everyday.

One way that Clary inspires me to be the best person I can be is that she is a strong individual. I want to grow up not letting things get to me even when they are huge problems, but instead of them keeping me down I want them to make me stronger. When I am hurt or down, I might give up the fight and surrender, but if I am strong then I will pick myself up and fight on 'till the death because that is what strong people do. They don't give up they don't back down, they FIGHT! This is one thing that Clary shows me.

Another way that Clary inspires me to be the best person I can be is that, she is accepting. She had never met her father but when she did she didn't like it, yet she was willing to accept that he was the most evil person known to Downworlders. Even then she was against him because she only faught for good, not for evil. Also, the life of a Shadowhunter was new to her and she wasn't use to all the action of fighting different things and people, but she eventually got use to this. She didn't jugde the life she just accepted it as it was. This was because it had always been a part of her life, but she just hadn't known it. So, this is also another thing that Clary shows me.

I think that this Fantasy book has shown me more than just the life of a Shadowhunter, it has shown me different family issues that I didn't think were suppose to happen between families, like a whole world, containing your long-lost brother and father, being hiden from you for your 16 years of life, so far. This is something huge, but I can understand why Clary's mom hid the world from her, because it was just too much. Also, a lesson that I learned was definately that family is always more important than friends and the two should neevr get mixed up so that you can keep conflicts from occuring, like when Jace and Simon had a fight. Jace kissed Clary, but he was her brother and didn't know that, but Simon was jealous because he had liked her for many years, but then Jace comes into Clary's life and can sweep her off her feet. Even then Simon and Clary stayed friends and Jace and Clary stayed siblings.

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment