JJ

JJ

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Two-Person Poem: Teen Pregnancies

My Parents
My parents are furious that I am pregnant.
My parents were so mad when I told them that I was pregnant that they kicked me out of the house.

Being Pregnant
I eat like I am starving, all day, every day and I hate it all.
The only way I can eat is when people on the street give me money or if I find money, even then half-the time I am starving.

My Boyfriend
My boyfriend is annoying, but I am glad he has stuck around and has been there for me as my baby's father.
My boyfriend left me when I told him that I was pregnant and my parents kicked me out of the house, he told me that the only reason he was around was for the fun and now we are through.

My Goals
I hope to finish high school and go to college, and also finish college.
I think I'll just have an abortion. The streets aren't exactly a safe place for my baby to grow, he doesn't have a father and thanks to me, he probably won't have an education either.

My Hopes
I hope my baby will grow to be the best that he can be.
I hope that getting this abortion won't be the biggest mistake of my enitre life.


The idea for this peom was easy for me to chose because pregnancies are a big part of our society with teens, and abortions are something that I have always been against, but I also wanted to show people different parts of the issue. I also wanted to get across the message that having a baby is a whole lot of work, so waiting to have a baby is probably the best choice for all the young ladies out there, specially if you are just going to go off and end it's life. Thinking of different parts of the issue to talk about was the harder part of writing this poem. In pregnancies, there are many things to talk about, but I thought that one of the most important things of the issue is, "how everyone else is affected by the pregnancy." That is where the parents came in, and the boyfriend. These people are the ones that can make a huge difference in a newborn baby's life. All these things were what I wanted to show people, so that they can think twice about having a baby, or think of having an abortion.

1 comment:

  1. you did a good job showing the two sides and how they were different

    ReplyDelete